Logo

1983 e90tltce evinrude

Blackie323

Hello all.

I have just serviced my 1983 evinrude outboard model #e90TLTCE.(the first time i have done so, im learning as i go). I dropped the lower unit to change the impellar and during that time managed to unknowingly lose the correct height of the shift linkage. After re assembly i determined i must have done this, as while the engine ran up good, sounded good and had a good tell-tail, when i put it in gear the prop was not spinning, however spins well in reverse. It spins as i push the throttle further down in the forward position. Am i right in thinking i have altered the shift linkage height? If so anyone out there know the correct height it should be? I have not yet pulled the unit back apart yet just did a bit of research and thought a forum might help. Thankyou to everyone who takes the time to help me out.

Cheers,

Sam from New Zealand.

E90TL"TC"E <--- Those two letters arranged in that manner would indicate a 1938 Model... a common typo I surmise.

E90TLCTE <--- Should be to be a 83 (1983)

OMC's code is the word INTRODUCES whereas each letter stands for a number.

Your lower unit shift rod measurement, as follows, measurement from top surface of gearcase to center of shift rod hole.

90 thru 115hp = (L) 21-27/32" - - (XL) 26-27/32" plus/minus 1/32" Have shift rod in neutral !

Apolagies that was indeed a typing error, the model is definately 1983 E90TLCTE. Thanks very much for your help everyone, ill give this a crack.

Back