Logo

Aq280t trim piston reseal help

Aaronfromnz

Greetings all the way from little old NZ
Have recently bought a new weapon, 7m aluminium boat with GM 6.2 and aq280T unit.
Am in the process of resealing the trim system, have done the lower piston seals, just need some advice on getting the top part of the system to bits, I undid the ring of Allen bolts tonight but couldn't slide the tower up past the steering hoop, very hard finding information on this leg
anyone done this before do I need to undo the lower falk from the system? Can't even find a parts break down to see how t goes together/comes apart

Just to confirm it is the rare power trim/tilt system with the piston that goes at the bottom of unit and the single hydraulically (not mechanical worm)operated ram on the top
cheers
aaron

Aaron, I spent approximately 24 to 25 years doing AQ series repair work. I must admit I have not had the pleasure of repairing a T drive! Most often the parts are not available of which caused the need to replace the drive with another AQ series! If you can find the necessary parts for this hydraulic cylinder, I hope that you are successful.
Otherwise, I would strongly suggest that you replace the transom shield with a 280 or another AQ series drive.

The one man that I have found to constantly help others and this is the answer lol, it appears I have bought a bit of a lemon, although it does run very nicely, there is nothing broken in the trim/tilt it just fails to work sometimes, if you pulse the switch it usually works, the previous owner had the elec pump rebuilt so thought I would start with the seals, I deal with a good company here that can make seals to sample so will have no issues with them

Back