Logo

1976 mercury 115 inline 6 problems.

keeth

Hey everyone, i have 2 distinctive problems i could use some help on. They might even be connected not sure.. Im much more adept on newer outboards. However while trying to link and sync the base timing plate (the little black do dab on top of the distributor that opens the butterfly) wont tighten down. The bolts get tight but you can still move that independent of the secondary pick up. The other problem is that in neutral the motor will rev to the moon and back but as soon as it's in the water it bogs. It won't hardly go past idle and wants to stall. I rebuilt the carbs. Blew all the passages out with about 150psi of air pressure for good measure and reassembled. I found out that i could have them set up wrong as they only have idle and main circuit. So the usual 1.25 turns out won't cut it. I read it needs fo be more around 2 to 2.5 sound right? Thanks in advance.

Ill check it out this weekend and get back with you. It should be alright over 100 psi with a 10% +/- compared to each other correct ?

Back