Logo

1985 115hp evenrude

Doien

when I’m at either a slow troll or an idle if I walk back by my motor or put weight anywhere by the motor it bogs out and dies it’s a 85 115hp evenrude other than that it runs fine! I just recently figured out the lync and sync process before that I couldn’t get it to idle at all.
All and any help is much appreciated
thanks

when I’m at either a slow troll or an idle if I walk back by my motor or put weight anywhere by the motor it bogs out and dies it’s a 85 115hp evenrude other than that it runs fine! I just recently figured out the lync and sync process before that I couldn’t get it to idle at all. All and any help is much appreciated thanks

A slight bit of jest here, no offense intended...... I don't see where ones weight would have any bearing on engine performance unless ones weight were excessive, and one was standing on the fuel line... OR dunking the powerhead. :)

Going to the back of the boat you are lowering the motor.-----This changes back pressure on the exhaust.----This changes crankcase scavenging.------I would start the diagnoses with reporting your compression test results here.

A slight bit of jest here, no offense intended...... I don't see where ones weight would have any bearing on engine performance unless ones weight were excessive, and one was standing on the fuel line... OR dunking the powerhead. :)

I’m not offended, or I’m not a huge person, any weight that I or someone else puts back by the motor it dies out . Almost like it’s flooding itself..

If your weight is causing it to sit so deep that the above-water exhaust relief ports are submerged, that could cause it to conk out at slow idle. Perhaps all you need to do is set the idle speed up a tad.

EDIT: er. that may have been written in haste. The water might slop over the transom before those ports go under. I'd have to look at one.

Last edited:
How long is your tether cord? Add a couple feet.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Joe got me started.

What is your idle speed?

Back