Logo

2002 8.1L HO which MEFI version is my ECM?

Fly'n Family

Per the title.....I have a CY with twin 8.1L HO's. I'm trying to determine wcich MEFI version my ECM's are.

Called the Crusader line, nothing but electronic voices. Called Pleasurecraft Marine Engines and got a guy that couldn't input my engine serial numbers to give an exact answer but said "I'm pretty sure Crusaders went to version 4 in 98' or 99'".

I need a real accurate answer as I'm installing engine gateways to get data on my Garmin chart plotter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Should be MEFI 4. But there is a website called Pirate 4x4 that addresses the use of these controllers in the hot rod community. Search under "Pirate 4x4 MEFI 4" and you will find a great article that also shows you how to look at your controller and identify the version. There also is a link to the MEFI 4 diagnostic manual that will give you the full 300+ page version that has sections on the use of the controller in the 8.1 and the information will prove to be invaluable as an owner.

T
Should be MEFI 4. But there is a website called Pirate 4x4 that addresses the use of these controllers in the hot rod community. Search under "Pirate 4x4 MEFI 4" and you will find a great article that also shows you how to look at your controller and identify the version. There also is a link to the MEFI 4 diagnostic manual that will give you the full 300+ page version that has sections on the use of the controller in the 8.1 and the information will prove to be invaluable as an owner.

Thank you, just read the article you referenced - incredibly informative.

I sincerely appreciate your response.:cool:

Back