Logo

1995 Johnson 115 gas leak thru prop

Rccfish

Can’t build pressure by priming. Gas leaks out prop. Even when I isolate the fuel lines to the carbs same problem. It seems that the pulse limiter may be the source. The check seems to work, checks with pressure from the threaded end. No resistance thru the hose end.

I welcome anyones thoughts

thanks

Sounds like major internal problems with the fuel pump.----New pump is a big $ item .----So take the pump apart as it may be an easy fix.-----Well, an easy fix if it was on my work bench.----It is NOT a pulse limiter problem

Sounds like major internal problems with the fuel pump.----New pump is a big $ item .----So take the pump apart as it may be an easy fix.-----Well, an easy fix if it was on my work bench.----It is NOT a pulse limiter problem

Cleaned up the pulse limiter. Seems to check more easily. Reassembled and same result. Confirms your comment.

Regarding the fuel pump are you referring to the oil pump? Seems like it’s the only pump in the system. Are seals available for this? I’m digging into it. Thanks

So what do you have here.--------Just a fuel pump mounted on the intake manifold ?----A VRO unit that has been bypassed ?-----Post some pictures here.----The pulse limiter is NOT a check valve either.-------The pulse limiter is nothing but a flow fuse to prevent high pressure from blowing up the VRO pump.

Back