Logo

honda BF150 alarm

hondaman911

hello, brand new here.
ive got a 2012 honda BF150 with about 800hrs. all of the sudden while running (in a freezing northerly) the alarm started beeping. about a half second beep followed by about a second of silance then half a second beep and so on. due to my location and the water conditions, I checked the obvious (it was still peeing and the green oil light pressure light was still lit) and continued on because it would have been a safety issue to stop. the engine still runs perfectly in every way, except the beeping. no other alarm lights are on, although im now thinking that the check engine light bulb might be broke, as it does not come on even for a second when you first turn the key. The only thing that was new was I put a 2 micron racor filter on instead of the usual 10. i switched back to a new 10, thinking the 2 might have been to restricted, but didnt seem to make any diferance. I am now at a friends cabin out in the boonies in southeast alaska and not sure if its safe to make the 1 hour ride home in the cold windy winter weather. I called the dealer, and the only advice they had was to bring the engine to them so they could plug in the computer. not exactly an option at the moment. volt meter reads 13.5 while running, oil is full and clean, fuel filter is brand new and I had 0 sign of water or rust in the old one, and again, the engine runs perfect. what else could be causing my alarm? thanks in advance.

When you turn on your ignition, does the check engine light come on for a couple seconds? If it does then its working. The only alarm with no warning light is water in fuel.

I believe the check engine light is burnt out, because no, it does not come on for a sec when you first turn the key, and I know that it used to. is there a water in fuel alarm on the little filters under the cowling? I will try to clean those today and get back here.

Yes there is a water trap next to the filter with a wire coming out the bottom, try that.If your check eng light is not working you can't pull codes. Is it charging because that will also alarm as mentioned?

Yup, turns out that's all it was. Had about a tablespoon of water in there. Not really sure how it got past a clean racor, but o well. Thanks! The Honda shop I called sayed there was no water alarm. Shows what they know lol

I would suggest that you get that "check engine" light fixed ASAP. That's an important warning light dealing primarily with your fuel injection system, and as Ian said, it's needed if/when you need to pull fault codes.

Back