Logo

NS 3.5 A head bolt torque specs

Pfmet

6 mm steel (8.8?) head bolts with washers, not flange bolts. And the powerhead bolts are 6mm SS and there are no specs I can find for either. The only table I find in my service manual doesn’t list the smaller motors torque specs! In need of quidance . Thanx Peter

What manual are you using? Page 2-5 of the Factory service manual gives standard torque values.

Last edited:
No.on manual cover, 003-21035-1, 05-09 NB-100. 2 Stroke, 1 & 2 cyl. Models. Pp. 2-5, “Standard Torque Values” under General Service Information. For M6 bolt 44-52 in/lbs. Another manual missing it cover so I have no number. On Pp.209 lists head bolt specs for the 40-50 hp with M6 head bolts at 44-53 in/lbs. So regardless of material or application it’s the same apparently. Doesn’t make sense to this carpenter but what do carpenters know about mechanics. I’ve got the 1/4 drive torque wrench so I should get this right if I have the correct info.

The big thing about head bolt torque is that it be even across the bolts. Do it in 3 or 4 steps, increasing torque each time.

Back