Logo

Wire harness adapter

tlt2

Can anyone tell me if they make an adapter to go from the harness to the motor like the ones in the pictures. Stratos boat to a 79 140hp mercury. Does anyone have a part number If they do and if not do you have a wiring schematic for the red plug as to what each wire would go to. Thank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190210-173405_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190210-173405_Gallery.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20190210-173413_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190210-173413_Gallery.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 16
I have never seen that idea work.-----But compare the wiring diagrams between the 2 motors.-----See if the battery cables go into the Mercury plug in.---- Then see if the battery cables are used as part of the big red plug !!

Good point,that didnt even cross my mind!
The motor that's on it the cables are separate from the red plug and the mercury the battery cables are built in the plug.

With that being said is that red plug considered as an 8 pin?
And would anyone know what the wiring schematic would be for that red plug? Reason I'm asking is because my ignition is not wired into my controls like most. They are wired into the boat. If I have to hard wire to my motor I will.

If you are bound and determined maybe you can marry the 2 different motors / controls.------My humble suggestion is.-----Look for a set of Mercury controls !!

Last edited:
My ignition switch and throttle are not connected together so I understand that I will have to buy a set of panel mount controls for my boat to put this motor on. But I didnt want have to rewire the boat. I would think there would be a way to go from the red plug to a mercury motor if I know what wire was which or color on the plug. I have posted. Picture of my controls and my key switch in kill switch lanyard is to the front of my controls and would really like to keep that original if posible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190211-102654_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190211-102654_Gallery.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 15
Do mercury key switches wire the same as Johnson or evinrude. They all have to have the same things to start and run pretty much.

Back