Logo

1969 Johnson 85 hp HydroElectric NoGoYet

M

Michael A. Boyle

" Hello Joe Reeves and others,

" Hello Joe Reeves and others,

I have acquired an H-E motor that had me scratching my head until I came across y'alls discussions. Very good information - I thank you! The info helps explain the oddities that I have encountered. Everything has checked out OK so far. I still have to replace the red Auxilary Throttle handle and then put fuel in it to attempt a start. Joe: is the handle readily available? If so, how much?

Sidebar: How does the throttle cable engage the throttle handle? In mine, there appears to be some disconnect (no cable motion when moving lever). There is no grinding sound or other observed odd condition, just no motion at the engine throttle lever.

This boat was recently purchased as a "unique fixer-upper opportunity". "Ran great when parked!" :^D
Much thanks! "

"Michael.... If you're spe

"Michael.... If you're speaking of a Johnson control box that has a small red lever at the rear portion of it (which usually breaks off), I do have one left in stock. However I do believe that there were two different red levers manufactured so you would need to know which one you need. The one I have is OMC part number 310700 and list for about $12.00 .The number is actually imprinted on the top side portion of the lever, but if it's broken off.....

Your other questions would be hard to answer unless I had a picture or the part right in front of me.

Joe
"

" Joe,

I have been busy wit

" Joe,

I have been busy with the boat... it runs real good now. Yeah! The handle is very difficult to move (what's up with THAT!) I lubed it with the existing grease - no go. I took the box apart and attempted to move it - tough. That was why I wasn't getting any throttle action. I did lube the cable and now the throttle works fine, I just wont mess with the red thingy. I will get the part# to verify. It is the part with a metal three-prong "spring" inside to force the three red "feet" against the cylinder wall. It is very tight. I do have the broken piece in the glovebox.

Thanks

Mike "

" Joe,

Yes I need the red h

" Joe,

Yes I need the red handle part if it matches.

Thanks,

Mike "

"Im looking for a control box

"Im looking for a control box for a 1969 johnson hydro-eletric 85 horse. if anyone knows where i can find on please let me know. i need the control box and all the wiring. if anyone knows e-mail me at [email protected]"

Back