Logo

2005 225hp boging down

rds111

Hi looking for some help. My 2005 225hp runs great during initial start up and operation until I turn it off for around a half hour or so, it will start up with no problem around 50% of the time when trying to take off it bogs down where I cant go, if I turn off the engine and start it to go it will be fine for the ride home. I have changed the high and low filters twice plus the water seperater filter. No alarms come up when this happens

Any info would be appreciated
Thank you

Could be any number of things. My initial guess is that you are getting some sort of air block in the fuel system.

When is the last time you drained the VST? See owners manual pages 78-79 for procedure.

Your fuel pressure regulator could be acting up. Remove it and clean it. See item 6 at:
https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...ange/225hp/bf225a6-la-2006/fuel-pipe-injector

It sits on top of the port fuel rail. Be sure to use a new O ring when you put it back together. See second page of this attached PDF file.

View attachment Fuel Pressure Regulator.pdf

Thank you for the quick response. I forgot to mention that I did drain the VST will this was happening. What do you use to clean the fuel pressure regulator ?

I spray it will WD-40 and let it sit for awhile to cut the crude, then clean it with alcohol. Dry it thoroughly with light compressed air before reinstalling.

Sorry I have looked at a bunch of parts sites and I cant find the fuel cooler. Hoping you can give me info where it is located

Take off the two lower cowl halves and the latch bracket. You will see the fuel cooler on the port side of the. vapour separator, it's a black plastic water jacket with two hoses going into it from behind. It will be easiest to remove the separator completely in order to clean it out and ensure none of the hoses are blocked

Take off the two lower cowl halves and the latch bracket. You will see the fuel cooler on the port side of the. vapour separator, it's a black plastic water jacket with two hoses going into it from behind. It will be easiest to remove the separator completely in order to clean it out and ensure none of the hoses are blocked
Ok thank you for you help

Back