Logo

BF150 Fuel Flow Sensor

TritonFisher

Contributing Member
Hi All,

I have an 06 BF150 that I would like to add a fuel flow sensor onto. I have an old fish finder that I would like to replace with a gps/ff combo that can also read this sensor. From what I have read, there is no way to hook up a new gps/ff to my engine as it is two years before that is available.

I've found quite a few sensors out there, but would like to know who has used something specifically with Honda.

Thanks everyone!

There is nothing specific to the Honda of that generation but there are a number of inline fuel flow sensors on the market. I may be wrong but I believe you will need to a fuel meter stand alone package

Let me just expand a bit.

Your GPS/FF system likely needs NMEA 2000 inputs to read engine functions. Honda was late getting on that bandwagon and didn't produce those signals from their engines to about 2010. So as Ian said, you will need a stand alone package. However, you have two choices. If you plan to install an NMEA 2000 backbone, then you can get a fuel flow sensor that will connect to that backbone and you can get the readout on your GPS/FF screen. If not, then you will need to buy the complete package, including sensor, wiring, and meter that mounts on your console.

That makes sense--thanks for your help guys. That actually seems to give me a few more options to get what I need to know.

I found some aftermarket packages to make the pre 2010 NMEA compliant, but I am not going to mess around with the engines electrical system in that way.

Back