Logo

Throttle Control Replacement - Help Me Choose!

Jack, your a good man, just take a look at this. Almost dropped 200,000 pounds of snow and roof on my retirement. Good thing my son isn't afraid to work alongside his Dad! (An Airbus A320's takeoff weight is 85,000 pounds).....holy crap man!

Attachments

• Menard 3.jpg
    Menard 3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Menard 2.jpg
    Menard 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Menard 1.jpg
    Menard 1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Jack, your a good man, just take a look at this. Almost dropped 200,000 pounds of snow and roof on my retirement. Good thing my son isn't afraid to work alongside his Dad! (An Airbus A320's takeoff weight is 85,000 pounds).....holy crap man!

Airbus A320's takeoff weight is 183,000 LBS (83,000KG)

Attachments

• only-an-idiot-would-spend-thousands-of-dollars-to-discover-they-are-worthless-de87c.jpg
    only-an-idiot-would-spend-thousands-of-dollars-to-discover-they-are-worthless-de87c.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 22
Hey Jack,

I'm reading through this thread again. Question for you - for the part 92744A2 (handle assembly), do you know if it's possible to get just the rubber piece towards the top, and not the metal handle itself? That rubber piece is what is cracked, and if I could find a replacement for that, I could probably salvage the rest of the assembly.
I agree with Chris,

On the other hand when I am dealing with "certain" people I am asked to rebuild them.

The neutral button issues is well known. Easy fix. I have had the luxury of fixing a dozen or so. Keep a few parts in stock just for that control box.

The handle and associated parts can be a bit more trouble due to the wiring and switch. But not impossible.

The internal metal mechanical parts are very durable and last a long time, some fresh grease and it works like new.

Your call. What ever works best for you

If the Neutral Push button (disconnect shift and only allows throttle) Is not functioning then that has to be repaired. You Must have that function correctly.

The rubber handle grip is assembled to the handle and is not sold separately.

If you can use some JB weld and get it into cracks and tape the crap out of it and lwt it cure for a couple days that might work.....

Otherwise ~$110.00 for a complete handle and they are available.

The neutral button is currently functioning, it's just that sometimes it will stick and doesn't fully pop back out on its own. I'm not sure if that's a sign that it's on the way out, or if the mechanism just needs some grease. I will try greasing it to see if that helps in getting it to move more freely. As far as JB Welding the crap out of it, not a bad idea. I'll give that a shot before trying anything else. Thanks for the suggestions!

If the Neutral Push button (disconnect shift and only allows throttle) Is not functioning then that has to be repaired. You Must have that function correctly.

The rubber handle grip is assembled to the handle and is not sold separately.

If you can use some JB weld and get it into cracks and tape the crap out of it and lwt it cure for a couple days that might work.....

Otherwise ~$110.00 for a complete handle and they are available.

Back