Logo

Tiara 3100 Open running cable

matta0413

Contributing Member
Installing new electronics on the boat this year. I have removed all of the gear in the dash and am now pulling out all of the old cabling. I pull the helm forward and there is a rigging tube that I thought went into the engine room. Well it doesn't. My guess is I have to pull the electrical panel. Can anyone confirm that the access I need is behind the electrical panel?

Thanks

All cables for the electrics. Radar, GPS Antenna and TRransducer. The wires go into a tube in the floor behind the helm. I thought they would come out in the engine room but they do not. My guess right now is I need to pull the electrical panel in order to access the other end of the tube where the wires enter the tube in the floor.

I think the panel will give you access to the power leads....for the other listed, it would be of benefit to get an LED flashlight and start looking around. Transducer likely goes into the engine room but may make a detour along the way....the stuff on the overhead likely goes up one of the tubes for whatever top you have. Boat riggers are usually encouraged to do things fast -> easy routes which aren't always direct. the hardtop on our boat has removeable panels....taking one or more down shows a lot of hidden cables....

as far as getting the new ones in - its usually work it to get a hank of decent nylon cord to make pull cords for the new ones. Its always a good idea to make sure no sharp edges exist in the cable's path - not everybody will radius the edge a hole saw leaves.....and when its time to run the new ones tape them up to the cord and gently pull them into place.secure with tiewraps unless you like rattles....not rocket science but a little planning ahead of time will make it easier...also good to have is the lubricant electricians use when pulling wire thru conduit....friction isn't good for this job...

Thanks Mark - Actually the radar arch was a piece of cake. Access panels and a lot of room. Even down to the side walls in the cockpit. Nice access panel and removed the cup holder and that gets be all of the way to the last corner where I need to find the end of the rigging pipe. Has to be behind the AC Electric panel.

Thanks

Back