Logo

BUSTED manifolds

seasport4.3

Thought I was going to take a trip this weekend come hell, high water or crappy weather. Just want to get a way for awhile, anyhow I found out that I put my heater in the engine compartment either to late or too little this winter. I have twin 4.3s and 3 out of four exhaust manifolds are broken! Anyone know where I can purchase two sets at a reasonable cost? Volvo Penta stern drives 1997, tried to attach pics to no avail.
Thanks
Eric

Barr makes a good aftermarket version of that exhaust, a full set for a 4.3 runs about 710 or so for manifolds, elbows, gaskets and bolts per engine. Try Lighthouse Marine in Riverhead NY. Next time just drain it very easy!

Ayuh,..... If the motors still had raw water in 'em,........

Yer probably gonna be lookin' for 2 complete bobtail motors,.......

Thought I was going to take a trip this weekend come hell, high water or crappy weather. Just want to get a way for awhile, anyhow I found out that I put my heater in the engine compartment either to late or too little this winter. I have twin 4.3s and 3 out of four exhaust manifolds are broken! Anyone know where I can purchase two sets at a reasonable cost? Volvo Penta stern drives 1997, tried to attach pics to no avail.
Thanks
Eric

.....or the power went out at an inopportune time.

Back