Logo

1995 yamaha 15hp oil leak

tateman

!5 hp yamaha leaks oil when running from a small hole just above the upper exhaust outlet, any clues, it is leaking about 1/4 later every 3 hours. The power head base gasket is good. I have no idea what that little hole is for.

Attachments

• Photo on 2019-01-19 at 10.06 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 2019-01-19 at 10.06 AM #2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 27
Isn't that motor a pre-mix fuel/oil model? If so, how could oil be leaking when there isn't oil contained in the engine compartment, as in oil injection models. If it is oil injection, check for leaks and oil pump function.

I should have said it is a 4 stroke, also the oil leak is a 1/4 litre every 3 hours not a 1/4 later. :) If the leak is originating in the oil pan area is it possible to get to it without removing the power head from the base gasket ? I just replaced that and would like to avoid doing it again.

I should have said it is a 4 stroke, also the oil leak is a 1/4 litre every 3 hours not a 1/4 later. :) If the leak is originating in the oil pan area is it possible to get to it without removing the power head from the base gasket ? I just replaced that and would like to avoid doing it again.

Its not originating in oil pan area, that's just where the oil is accumulating...then dripping out of where you see it. Find the source of leak...start with reservior then trace to where oil hose feeds.

Back