Logo

Identifying model

DRuben

I’m trying to find out the model of my outboard. It had the riveted plate but only has the serial number stamped not the model number. Serial: [FONT=&quot]25002E-E04674[/FONT]

Hi I have a 90 hp Evinrude which had a stick on plastic I'd "plate".
It is impossible to read. Can anyone help with I'd from the stamped number on the motor Welsh plug. The number is G3061407
I asked Evinrude but no reply.
Cheers. Fwank.

Pictures of the cowling if it is in original condition.-------Some pictures of the power head.-----If it has been painted all bets are off.

Mr Tim--------Starting in the 1980's the motors came from the factory with stick on decals.--------Not sure why that was allowed.-----Seems that many other products need a permanent identification number.-----Mr Jim , the motor in post #1 has long been identified for the owner !!

Thanks Jim. Got one of those in my shop. Converted to electric start. May sell it to a close friend....81 years old. He needs something reliable.......like a 1970 that has been gone over with a fine tooth comb. At 81, he doesn't need any problems out on the lake.

Right, Racer, thanks. That's why I call 'em bogus. Cars and trucks are glued together now too. Must be a shortage of good welders. Used to be we got a new lic. plate every year too. Now we get a sticker for 200 bucks. So much for my lic. plate collection, by the time they give you another plate today, you can't read it anymore.

Back