Logo

Engine Gateway

xsplicer26

Contributing Member
I have been wanting to receive more data from my 2006 BF 225 engine to display on my Simrad GO9 MFD. Seen some info about a device made by Fox Marine located here in MD. They make a engine gateway for older engine that are not compatible with NMEA 2000.

Has anyone purchased and installed this device on their motor?

If so, please give any advice about it.
Thanks

I have been told that Honda used proprietary digital signals up until the 2010 year, when they changed over to NMEA2000 protocols, or at least translated their proprietary codes to the M2k standards.

I briefly looked at the Gateways and they all require a plug in to a 10-pin diagnostic connector. I know of no such connector on the 225. Why not call them and ask if they have a solution for the Honda BF 225? 443-256-3696

If they do have a solution, there are probably a lot of folks on this forum that would be interested.

I have to take a look at the back panel of the ecu. There is a number starting with GM, and check which gateway number is the correct one for my engine, if they do have them.

I received a text message from him today saying because Honda doesn't MEFI ECM's their product is not compatible with our motors

RATS

Back