Logo

cambio de carburador

clauscuriatti

good morning I'm claudio scuriatti from argentina I'm restoring a 26 foot cruiser with chrysler 318 v8, I want to change the old carburetor carter 4 gorges, the only one I get in Argentina is HOLLEY 4160 600CFM I would like to know about this carburetor ....... ...... greetings from Argentina is very useful forum

Hi Darves 69, this is the only carburetor in Argentina, I would like to know if there is any user of this carburetor model to know how it works ... thank you very much

Que pasa cabron? ! So I have a '71 LM318 engine in my boat. It has a Carter 4 barrel AFB. 3 years ago I connected Mike's Carburetor in Washington state on the internet. They sold me a rebuild kit for $35. Did it myself. Runs fine. Can you do it yourself or have access to someone is capable of doing this uncomplicated rebuild? Not hard. If I ever make it your way will you teach me the Tango? Madre de Dios, the Tango is so sophisticated.

Last edited:
Frizfreleng
buenos dias el tango es mucho mas facil que reparar un carburador y en argentina peor por que ya no se encuentra nada para este crburador,es mas comun los HOLLEY,....saludos

Frizfreleng
buenos dias el tango es mucho mas facil que reparar un carburador y en argentina peor por que ya no se encuentra nada para este crburador,es mas comun los HOLLEY,....saludos

I was kidding about the Tango. Argentina reminded me of a Robert Duvall movie "Assassination Tango". I think I understand most of your reply that Holleys are the most common in Argentina. Apparently you do not want to rebuild your Carter or can't get a rebuild kit? The only carbureted engine I own is in my boat. It has been decades since I tinkered with a Holley. I am surprised someone with expertise hasn't responded. They certainly are here.

Hi Darves 69, this is the only carburetor in Argentina, I would like to know if there is any user of this carburetor model to know how it works ... thank you very much

I can tell you this. My Holley 2300 runs just fine on my Glastron VP V-6 for going on 11 years now. They, like the 4160, have been around forever especially in the automotive arena.
A Holley swap will relocate the fuel line feed and possibly affect your throttle linkage.
Rebuilds for the Carter tend to be easier for most folks. If you've already done several Holley rebuilds that becomes a non-issue. Adjusting the vacuum secondary opening on Holley can be a little involved if even necessary.
I do believe the Holley is less forgiving with quality of fuel than a Carter AFB. I have replaced filters yearly and used Stabil in all the fuel ran through my 2300 since new. A couple yeas ago I found my 2300 internals to be immaculate when I opened it up to check for any potential problems.

FWIW, My car "six pack" below looks intimidating to most people. All that is there is a two barrel 2300 carb with two separate secondaries.
70SixPack1.jpg

Back