Logo

Fuel injector location access

surfnfisher

Contributing Member
Still troubleshooting.
I have the diagrams for the injectors through boat info.
I am looking for the instructions on how to access the fuel rail and injectors.
Thanks
Surfnfisher

If you are going to do work like this it would pay to purchase a workshop manual. The injector rails are bolted to the intake manifolds which are located under the intake plenum.

The Official Helm Shop manual is available on eBay for $126 the last I looked. Don't waste your money on the cheap after-market manuals. Too many errors and omissions.

Below is a link to an older shop manual in PDF format on line.

http://planbmarine.com/wp-content/u...ice-workshop-and-repair-BF175A-BF200A-BF2.pdf. You can open and save that manual to your computer. It's over 22 Mbytes.

Go to pages 5-75 - 5-78 for description for testing and removing injectors.

Thanks,
Is the intake plenum off the outer sides of the head or behind the back plate
on the stern/back of the motor?

I checked ebay/amazon and couldn’t find the helm manual for Honda outboard. Then went to the helm website
and couldn’t figure out how to get to the marine manuals. Not sure if I am searching incorrectly or what. Sometime I don’t jive with technology.
thanks again.

Looks like neither eBay or Amazon is carrying the new manual any longer. There are several used ones on eBay for sale. Search f

Honda Model BF200A & BF225A Outboard Motor Shop Service Repair Manual

Recognize that there are two versions of the manual - one for A2 to AK0 models (to about SN 1509999) and another for K1 and above. There is very little difference between the two from what I've been able to determine.

Bill, mechanically the V6's are all the same apart from small additions like extra anodes. The big difference is the electrics, they have been completely revamped and very different .

Ian - thanks for that clarification. I really appreciate your contributions to this forum and I'm sure others do also.

Back