Logo

DP-S trim ram removal

Windy Bay

Contributing Member
I am removing my outdrive on a volvo penta dps drive. the stud, rod, whatever it is called will not drive out. I know I am missing something, but can't figure it out. I attached a picture

Attachments

• dp-s trim ends.pdf
    37.2 KB · Views: 37
remove the other end of the ram and slide the ram off. The pin if it has not been removed during service it most likely is corroded in place

remove the other end of the ram and slide the ram off. The pin if it has not been removed during service it most likely is corroded in place

Thanks, That ended up being the ticket. I also had to get the heat gun out. This is a 98 with "0" hours, so I thought it would come apart without heat, or muscle

I know it is i hard to believe, but I found the whole drive system, engine, and outdrive, that a guy had installed. He never finished the project. As soon as he had it installed, the fuel tank started leaking. He never made an engine cover or finished reinstalling the interior parts. The hour meter which works, when the key is turned on, shows just a couple of hours. He insisted the boat had never been in the water since the install. bought the whole boat to get the drive and engine for a project I am working on. The boat is a 73 IMP. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Back