Logo

Mariner 175 running rough

surreyboy

Hey , just thought id post my issue & see if there might be some great info shared by some members as to a fix for my issue.
I have a Mariner 175 V6 1992-1998 outboard & when its been sitting , ill fire it up in the yard with muffs to make sure it will fire before putting it in the lake. It will fire up & run & idle great. get the thing in the water , same....seems that once its warmed up , if we stop to fish for a while , the next time i fire it up , it will not idle....it stalls , ill have to start it with full throttle & kick it down immediately & rev it a couple times before i can put it in gear to go again......another thing , if were pulling the kids on the tube or wake board , if they fall , we will circle around & i gotta listen to the rpms at real slow speeds or it will stall . Once the kid is ready to be yanked up on the wake board , ill give it that initial hammer but it will lug out , almost stall & some times it does....its like i can only give it a small bit of throttle , till it will all of a sudden get up & go.........or , i have to put it in neutral again , rev it up a few times , then it will rip the kid up out of the water.....if were bookin it across the lake , it runs great with normal to low temps , i changed the impeller out & i have pulled the carbs & cleaned them....

Any suggestions or ideas as to what i might be able to do would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" or more on all leads, yes or no ?-----Post results of a compression test.-----You might want to test run with a different fuel tank and hose.

Back