Logo

97 Fast Strike 150 System Check Gauge inop

Hey guess Im new here and this is my first post. I have a 1997 Cobra w/150 Johnson Faststrike. One day I went out to get ready for a pre fish trip and I like to always do a "pre-flight" check the night before. Long story short I THINK my son hooked a battery charger up backwards, but if he did I couldn't prove it. I went to trim motor up and all the trim switches worked backwards, no power to console either. I put key in and tried to start it and it turned backwards so I immediately disconnected the cranking battery. I had a spare battery and installed it. Everything seemed to work normal except my trim gauge is pegged all the way up (worked fine prior) and the check system( gauge-no oil, low oil, overheat and check engine) no longer self checks at key on seems to have no power at all. Motor runs fine and all electronics, including the tach. I figure trim gauge is bad which is no big deal, however I would like for my alarms to work. Does anybody know if the system check is a fused circuit because I cant find one, fuse that is. Or some other underlying problem, or just bad gauge. The info is very scarce on this from what I can find.

Back