Logo

SB #56 & #40 Email Request for BF225's

ByrdmanFL

Contributing Member
Since it is time for winter maintenance, there are a few things that I want to do or make sure they have been done to my motors in addition to the regular stuff.

I spent last winter working the fuel system gremlins out of my 2003 BF225's and after running all day last summer, I would get carbon buildup on the outside around the exhaust tubes with one worse than the other, so I think SB #40 was never done. While I am at it, I should probably check #56 as well.

Last year I replaced the shaft bushings, adjusted valve clearance, thermostats, sparkplugs, one O2 sensor, fuel filters in both, VST in one, exhaust bushings, water pumps, internal anodes, starters, and oil change in motor and lower unit. Anything I missed and should have checked?? lol...

If someone has copies, would you please email them to [email protected]?

Thanks!!
ByrdmanFL

Sent #56. Don't have #40. I understand that #40 deals with oil leaks around the high and low pressure oil pressure senders, which are located in the center of the V on the engine. I've been told that it requires that at least one of the heads be removed to get to them.

Sent #56. Don't have #40. I understand that #40 deals with oil leaks around the high and low pressure oil pressure senders, which are located in the center of the V on the engine. I've been told that it requires that at least one of the heads be removed to get to them.

Well, we may have to deal with a little oil every now and then until it becomes a bigger issue :)

Thank you for your help, I just received # 56 by email.

B

Back