Logo

250.efi

Cwv2816

Hey guys, I have a 2006 merc 250 efi that at first take off it plains an runs great, after I stop an fish for awhile it doesn't want to plain. It bogs an takes forever to plain, when it gets up it runs great, but every time after I stop again it's the same thing, someone please help. I have changed spark plugs, rebuilt hp fuel pump and replaced all fuel lines after draining fuel tanks and cleaning?

250 EFI not DFI.....right?

You are going to have to recreate the condition and check for ignition on each cylinder. You can use a timing light.

I have a feeling that your stator may be the issue. If one or two bobbins on the stator are failing when hot it will not fire those cylinders until it cools a little and gets into the upper rpm range.

250 EFI not DFI.....right?

You are going to have to recreate the condition and check for ignition on each cylinder. You can use a timing light.

I have a feeling that your stator may be the issue. If one or two bobbins on the stator are failing when hot it will not fire those cylinders until it cools a little and gets into the upper rpm range.

Yes its Efi, how would I check with timing light?

Back