Logo

Looking for old Nissan fuel pump body

CYoung2970

Hey I think the fuel pump body is going bad and I need to replace it possible on my old Nissan 9.9 355A-1. Anybody have an idea where to get one from? Thanks

Sorry I was wrong I’m looking for the entire fuel pump system for my NS9.9B. I spoke to someone who works and sells tohatsu parts and he said that the fuel pump assembly from a NS9.9D2 would work on mine because the two engines were nearly identical to where the parts could be interchanged. Thanks for the help though

Really? As a Tohatsu service and sales dealer, I can tell you that there are two different carbs for the M9.9B2. The early version had a round bowl, and the late version had an octagonal bowl. Yes, the fuel pumps are the same between those carbs. Individual parts are sold (diaphragms, gaskets, valves, screws, etc. However, the entire fuel pump is not sold as a discrete unit. So, if you need a pump body, or gaskets, etc., yes you can get those. I suppose you could just get all the parts amd build a new one, but usually, just the diaphragms are bad.

Yes he said most likely just the diaphragm would be bad but I went ahead and ordered all the parts needed just to be on the safe side and because they weren’t expensive. So hopefully when the parts come in and I get it built I can finally get it running good.

So Incase anybody wanted to know could never get it running so I took it to a Nissan technician and he said it’s burnt up and probably won’t run again sadly. So I’m on the look for a new motor if anyone has any suggestions. I have a 14ft Jon boat and I was wondering would a 5hp be strong enough to get me around well on lakes and possibly slow moving rivers? I’m downgrading from a 1989 Nissan 9.9 so not sure how much of difference that would be and I doubt the 9.9 was even getting even that much hp anyways due to its age. Anyways just wondering where I should go from here in terms of what motor to look out for.

So Incase anybody wanted to know could never get it running so I took it to a Nissan technician and he said it’s burnt up and probably won’t run again sadly. So I’m on the look for a new motor if anyone has any suggestions. I have a 14ft Jon boat and I was wondering would a 5hp be strong enough to get me around well on lakes and possibly slow moving rivers? I’m downgrading from a 1989 Nissan 9.9 so not sure how much of difference that would be and I doubt the 9.9 was even getting even that much hp anyways due to its age. Anyways just wondering where I should go from here in terms of what motor to look out for.
"Burnt up"? as in a burned piston?

Back