Logo

Boat trailor

jackd

Contributing Member
I’m not sure where trailor post go so I’ll try here.my surge breaks locked up. I finially got the money to buy new bearings , disc and new break system and even did the breaklin because the breaks.were smoking . I’m not getting any breaks when I push forward to ingage and bleed them. Nothing came out last time I tried it . I did enough to get about 4 oz fluid .Any ideas since it’s all new and no leaks so must be something I didn’t do since first time doing this

Welcome jackd. There is a trailer section but that's OK. I can move it for you. As far as the brakes not bleeding, have you tried say searching YouTube for your brake manufacturers site or maybe a help video on them?

I watched some use a crank bungee . When sque wed you bleed the line. My wife’s friend says use a air compressor to bleed breaks. He thinks air in the line because the breaks don’t lock at all

I think you will find a vacuum pump with a bleeder bottle more effective than an air compressor for bleeding out the brake lines....

Back