Logo

05 Skeeter Rocker Panel Replacement

Stonecold

I replaced my 2005 push button control panel with the rocker switch one. Every thing works, but the master power switch light stays on. Is this the way it should be? If not what could be my problem.

The little light in the rocker switch is wired to the wrong side of the switch or the power and load are on the wrong sides of the switch would be the first thoughts.

Good morning and Thanks for the help. Is that a matter of just unplugging the wires on the switch and swapping sides? Also there is a longer single red wire that i assumed was power for some add on if needed that has a orange wire with a white stripe made into a plastic plug. the orange and wite wire has a plastic plug that could plug into the one it is made into? Would just be a loop, not sure what to do with tis one.

I don't know that panel but one of the short wires on the back of the rocker switch is likely the wire for the light in the switch. If it can be moved to the correct pin I assume that would fix your problem. If you post photos of the front and back of the switch I may be able to make sense of it for you. Can't comment on the other wires sorry. Is everything working properly on the boat apart from the light staying on? The orange/white wire might be a permanent feed to connect to things like a sound system memory or alarm system that should never be turned off. A quick check with a voltmeter could confirm that it doesn't lose power when the main switch is turned off.

Back