Logo

Winterizing

Jack, I would like to ask that you either be polite and respond in an adult like manner, or simply DO NOT read what I post here.
It's that simple and it's your choice.

You all know my answer to this idiots chronic posts.

He simply cant answer a question with a simple answer. it has to full of his opinions and suggestions that steer away from the actual question being asked and the real issue get buried in confusion.

"legal" advise for a winterizing question? where the F does that fit into anything! NO WHERE. Not the subject matter being discussed.
Inline 6 or 4 cylinder winterizing..................again NOT the issue or subject matter being discussed!

The guy/OP obviously knows what he is doing, What he doesn't understand is how to OVERCOME not being able to reach the one side of a V8, NOT A v6, NOT A INLINE 6 OR 4 and how or what can be done as a substitute/alternative method.

So what does 500 links to "your" write ups have to do with this issue? To prove you can make some believe you know what you are saying?? Again Not the subject matter being discussed. He knows how to winterize. What he wants is, what can be done as a substitute/alternative method.
Chris answered him END OF STORY. No need for 75 additional opinion posts from the Infamous RICARDO!!

Based on the sheer volume of your posts, the size of them and the time required to write them I would suggest, better yet I believe you do nothing but sit at your computer ALL DAY AND NIGHT and prey on the unsuspecting hoping to make them a RICARDO believer!!

YOU ARE WRONG. YOU WASTE ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF SPACE WITH YOUR SPEW.

You don't know what you are talking about 99% of the time but you write so much crap the unknowing don't realize it.
UGH!

He simply cant answer a question with a simple answer. it has to full of his opinions and suggestions that steer away from the actual question being asked and the real issue get buried in confusion.

"legal" advise for a winterizing question? where the F does that fit into anything! NO WHERE. Not the subject matter being discussed.
Inline 6 or 4 cylinder winterizing..................again NOT the issue or subject matter being discussed!

The guy/OP obviously knows what he is doing, What he doesn't understand is how to OVERCOME not being able to reach the one side of a V8, NOT A v6, NOT A INLINE 6 OR 4 and how or what can be done as a substitute/alternative method.

So what does 500 links to "your" write ups have to do with this issue? To prove you can make some believe you know what you are saying?? Again Not the subject matter being discussed. He knows how to winterize. What he wants is, what can be done as a substitute/alternative method.
Chris answered him END OF STORY. No need for 75 additional opinion posts from the Infamous RICARDO!!

Based on the sheer volume of your posts, the size of them and the time required to write them I would suggest, better yet I believe you do nothing but sit at your computer ALL DAY AND NIGHT and prey on the unsuspecting hoping to make them a RICARDO believer!!

You don't know what you are talking about 99% of the time but you write so much crap the unknowing don't realize it.
UGH!

Jack
Northborough Ma
Helping others sometimes with an attitude....haha..

Wow!

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kghost

UGH!

Jack
Northborough Ma
Helping others sometimes with an attitude....haha..

DITTO Jack

Leave Rick alone, you guys.....he's probably got more talent than all of us put together.....what else do you expect him to do out in that depressing rain? He adds excitement. Without him, nobody would read this otherwise boring, sterndrive forum. Just look at the crap that comes into Johnson Evinrude side. Rick adds color, life, humor, and artwork....besides that he is a good tech.
Rick, don't take it to heart, if those guys don't stop picking on you, I'm gonna f****in cry..... and most other readers may side with me too. Keep on, brother.

Nope, I'm still here. I take Jack's comments with a small grain of salt. Let's let it rest.... there is no need to provoke any more comments from him.

Am I the only one who calls anti-freeze "Pink Stuff"?

(Ah, that's what this thread was originally about, yes?)

Jeff

Am I the only one who calls anti-freeze "Pink Stuff"?

(Ah, that's what this thread was originally about, yes?)

Jeff, that was certainly part of his question. Posts 1 thru about 5 or 6 pretty much explains what was asked and what was suggested.

The OP asked about pulling antifreeze in through the seawater system, while not quite realizing the T-Stat housing's role in all of this (i.e., the bi-pass aspect of it).

By the way, the OP has 2 post counts, and has not been back!

Last edited:
Jeff, that was certainly part of his question. Posts 1 thru about 5 or 6 pretty much explains what was asked and what was suggested.

The OP asked about pulling antifreeze in through the seawater system, while not quite realizing the T-Stat housing's role in all of this (i.e., the bi-pass aspect of it).

By the way, the OP has 2 post counts, and has not been back!

Actually the OP realized the t-stats role. He was just concerned about certain boats that had no access to pull the drain plug on one side of the engine block.

"I know winterizing is a very talked about topic but after a lot of research I still haven't found an answer to my question. I have been a boat tech for awhile but just recently started winterizing boats for the last few months and the one problem I continue to run into is draining the blocks, on most boats I can drain both blocks without a problem but every now and then (mostly gibson house boats) I can only get to one side of the block (theres not enough room to get to the other side) I have heard that you can drain just one side of the block and it drains all the water out of that side and MOST of the water out of the other side (the side you can't get to) and then from there you can run 4 gallons of antifreeze through the sea strainer and you will be fine, is there any experienced techs out there that can confirm this or that has another solution? I understand you can run the engine up to temp to get the thermostat to open or even take the thermostat out but its not realistic for me to do that when I am responsible to winterize up to 100 boats a year, would greatly appreciate answers."

Leave Rick alone, you guys.....he's probably got more talent than all of us put together.....what else do you expect him to do out in that depressing rain? He adds excitement. Without him, nobody would read this otherwise boring, sterndrive forum. Just look at the crap that comes into Johnson Evinrude side. Rick adds color, life, humor, and artwork....besides that he is a good tech.
Rick, don't take it to heart, if those guys don't stop picking on you, I'm gonna f****in cry..... and most other readers may side with me too. Keep on, brother.

timguy,

A true believer.....

""he's probably got more talent than all of us put together""

I beg to differ, No I am sure. Actually I am more than sure, I am positive!! This is a huge over statement!

You will come to realize in time...........................................

Back