Logo

Starving merc

Mr. Delkins, either your wife is tiny like mine, or you are one big Englishman. You need that 150 to push you around, brother. Beautiful couple for sure. That vacuum valve I will appeal to another tech for advice here. It adjusts vacuum based on temperature. The other fitting is plugged off?
You are awesome, Mr. Scott. I always enjoy your expertise and never any hard feelings.....I respect you more than you think, regardless of your love of ethanol. Now let's bury the hatchet and help our readers as best we can. Perhaps my friend, Mr. Reeves was right all along when he said: "Tim, you will never win in the ethanol fight with Mr.Scott". Joe's advice is good as gold. We are blessed to have him lead this forum.....he has probably "forgotten" more about outboards, than I may ever know.

Last edited:
Well I'm back guys , got the fuel issues and vacuum issues fixed , but ran a spark test and bottom cylinder on right side has no spark and bottom two on other side are jumping fire out the back of the boots , those should be easy enough to fix , and im thinking the coil is bad on the one with no fire , is there a way to check it or some other issue first ? Oh by the way Mr.Guy we bought gas today for 1.84 . My wallet was smiling.

You got us beat here by 34 cents. Maybe plug wire is bad on that no spark cylinder too, but likely a coil especially if its only one with no spark. Try one of your good coils with the wire leading from switch box that "bad" coil....check ground too.

Back