Logo

2012 60 hp efi hard start

reel_magic_3

Hi I have a new to me 2012 mercury 60 hp big foot efi. ser. 1C198004. this motor has sat for awhile before I received it. motor sat most of the summer prior tome getting it. It would idle rough n hose and tank. took it out and could not get over 3500 rpms. now I cant get the engine to start. wants to fire, but won't. has 30 psi fuel pressure. has spark on all cylinders. removed injectors and they are spraying fuel when cranking.

could the timing be off? Air restriction? faulty CPS OR TPS? thanks

Hi I have a new to me 2012 mercury 60 hp big foot efi. ser. 1C198004. this motor has sat for awhile before I received it. motor sat most of the summer prior tome getting it. It would idle rough n hose and tank. took it out and could not get over 3500 rpms. now I cant get the engine to start. wants to fire, but won't. has 30 psi fuel pressure. has spark on all cylinders. removed injectors and they are spraying fuel when cranking.

could the timing be off? Air restriction? faulty CPS OR TPS? thanks

I just started a new thread on this kind of problem labeled Engine Stalling. It is my 2003 40 hp efi 4 stroke but the same troubleshooting techniques apply.

The thread is dated Dec. 27, 2018. I think you'll find it interesting, especially dealing with fuel starvation issues.

Back