Logo

Honda BF 15A 1999

zorazori

Hi ,
I have a strange problem, the engine bolt well to a certain moment. After giving 30 minutes of gas and turning it into neutral, the engine is running higher in revs out of nowhere.

What would the piobleem be?

Check your choke setting. These twins vibrate quite a bit and it could be changing position.

Also, make sure your carburetor is securely bolted to the intake and there are no vacuum leaks developing when the engine warms up.
You can "spritz" (spray) water at the gasket to see if the engine changes pitch to find a leak.

Good luck.

Check your choke setting. These twins vibrate quite a bit and it could be changing position.

Also, make sure your carburetor is securely bolted to the intake and there are no vacuum leaks developing when the engine warms up.
You can "spritz" (spray) water at the gasket to see if the engine changes pitch to find a leak.

Good luck.

I am going to control it, I will also change the o rings that are in the jet and in the regulation of the air supply, I would have to find the right sizes to buy them, where I do not dare to arrive is the fuel pump this I would like to open and clean.

It will be fresh in Belgium to test the boatThanks for the tip

Well, it doesn't sound as if you have a fuel pump problem but the diaphragm is available through boats.net and they do ship world wide.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/outboard-by-hp-serial-range/15hp/bf15ax-las-1999/fuel-pump

Also, the gasket set containing the jet oring is available from the same place. Refer to the related links.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/outboard-by-hp-serial-range/15hp/bf15ax-las-1999/carburetor

Good luck.

Thanks, the problem is the import and customs costs to Belgium

The best method to find a vacuum leak is to use propane gas it will tell you almost instantly if there is a vacuum leak.

The best method to find a vacuum leak is to use propane gas it will tell you almost instantly if there is a vacuum leak.

Today also look at the choke valve, it could well be that this has resisted during fast driving.
It may also be possible to tighten the choke lever.
Thank you for the assistance

I agree with Tegwini about using propane to find intake leaks AND to troubleshoot lack of fuel issues.

I suggested water because it also works well too (most times)and most people are not as reluctant to try it. But, yes, I use propane myself pretty much exclusively for finding intake leaks.

I agree with Tegwini about using propane to find intake leaks AND to troubleshoot lack of fuel issues.

I suggested water because it also works well too (most times)and most people are not as reluctant to try it. But, yes, I use propane myself pretty much exclusively for finding intake leaks.

It may well be as you mentioned, vibrations of the twin and then the choke changed from setting.
But the bolts on the mechanism to move the rods are fixed, can I also fix the choke lever on the outside of the hood, or how can I prevent the setting from being changed by the vibrations.
Thank you for helping to find

I wouldn't change anything unless you are positive it is the choke moving and raising the the idle. You mentioned in your PM that you had re-set the idle mixture screw and that it now runs better. So, between that and your comments here, I'm afraid that I may be missing your point.

[QUOTE = jgmo; 626510] Ik zou niets veranderen tenzij je er zeker van bent dat de choke in beweging is en de inactiviteit verhoogt. U zei in uw PM dat u de schroef van het stationaire mengsel opnieuw had ingesteld en dat deze nu beter loopt. Dus tussen dat en je opmerkingen hier, ben ik bang dat ik je punt mis. [/ QUOTE]

Hi Jgmo,
The engine starts cold and warm well, turned the stationary perfect for the first hour and I thought he was fine.
Until I went to another fishing place with full throttle, arrived there and closed with the gas turned the engine suddenly much higher treasure 200 tr / min more stationary so out of nowhere.
I disassembled the carbu and checked if there was any dirt somewhere, at first time nothing discovered.
The boat is ready to try on the weekend.
Greetings Marc, Belgium ..

Back