Logo

What thread sealant for exhaust riser?

BillDes

I'm replacing the gasket, exhaust flange, nipple, and exhaust riser on my Universal M25. I went with new parts - the riser is the Westerbeke #200266. What thread sealant should I use on the high-temperature threads connecting the flange - nipple - riser? Do I use the same on the raw water connection at the top of the riser, or just use some thing like teflon tape on that raw water connection?

I'm replacing the gasket, exhaust flange, nipple, and exhaust riser on my Universal M25. I went with new parts - the riser is the Westerbeke #200266. What thread sealant should I use on the high-temperature threads connecting the flange - nipple - riser? Do I use the same on the raw water connection at the top of the riser, or just use some thing like teflon tape on that raw water connection?

Even though old, what you can use is Silicon Gasket maker high temperature, either red or orange. I have sealed up end-plates on water cooled manifolds and it has always held up wth no other gaskets. It also can be smeared on castiron that gets hot and it will keep away rust.

Back