Logo

Needing a new 454/350

You got moreclear then just stay away,talked to couple chater boats that have 1000+ hours on them no issues.and one that had a internal problem and jasper covered parts and labor.so why stay away,and who you recommending?

I only purchase Mercruiser remans or I build my own if it is no longer available through Mercruiser, or you get an upgrade.

You will pay three times the cost if you try to do it cheap.

I used to install jasper years ago. More than 50% failure rate. Bought a jasper engine 6 years ago because they had it and I needed it in a Hurry. Installed it, Knocked right from the first start.

As for the South Florida builder, his product was good until he went to Chinese/cheap parts. Out of all his engines I installed, only two are still in service. Biggest problem with the S FL. guy is they cut the radius out of the crank shaft.

A warranty should never have to be used.

Last edited:
Michigan Motorz has done a great job for us. Knowledgable people on phone, ships on time and prices are inline with expected results

Why not rebuild the engine you currently have? The Crusader blocks are very stout and unless you have a crack or hole, I would just rebuild.

Back