Logo

evinrude wrist pins

Az Mike

i just ordered two new pistons and wrist pins for a 1959 evinrude 35 hp and I need to know if the wrist pins are press fit or should they slide into the pistons , I can only slide the wrist pin through one side of the piston then it stops it is press fit the rest of the way or is something else wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated.

You must insert it first into the "Loose" side, then press it on into the tight side. Tight side must be supported as you do this. Likewise, to remove a pin you must press it all the way out through the supported tight side. Pressing it in the wrong direction will distort or destroy the piston.

Gator When removing do I press from the "loose" side all the way through the tight side till the pin is out. It seems to me that the pin might not go all the way through the tight side. The manual does not clearly show How and instructions seem unclear.I see a photo and it seems to show the pin coming out the loose side???

The pin is the same size all the way. So yes you press from the loose side, all the way thru the supported tight side. And no it won't get tighter as you proceed. Unless it galls and siezes, but that is a different story.

Now that I answered the question on this old thread, let the mods put it back in the archives.

The pin is the same size all the way. So yes you press from the loose side, all the way thru the supported tight side. And no it won't get tighter as you proceed. Unless it galls and siezes, but that is a different story.

Now that I answered the question on this old thread, let the mods put it back in the archives.
Thanks gator DD Rusty

Back