Logo

1992 c40elrq shift rod.

Dougrollings

Hi everybody, this is my first post. I have royally messed up. I snapped my shift rod at the Lower part in the gearbox. The rod came out without the shifter part at the bottom. Any idea's how to get it out? Tried turning it upside down while using air pressure. Nope. Can't find a detailed breakdown of that section.

?----What exactly is broken.-----The shift rod screws out of the lower unit.------You have removed the pivot pin ?----You have removed the driveshaft ?----Any pictures of the broken shift rod ?

?----What exactly is broken.-----The shift rod screws out of the lower unit.------You have removed the pivot pin ?----You have removed the driveshaft ?----Any pictures of the broken shift rod ?

I was disconnecting where the rod comes together between the upper and lower unit. I put too much pressure on the Lower rod and snapped it off in the Lower gearbox. Some of the rod ends are square where it presses the plunger for the clutch dog. Mine seems to be round but it changes gears by pulling the rod up and down not rotating. I don't know how the gearbox end of the clutch rod comes out. Am I going to have to pull the prop shaft to get to it?
IMG_20181103_182117_hdr.jpgIMG_20181103_182103_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
Back