Logo

No Power when I accelerate

benwht15

Having issues with my 50hp Johnson Outboard. There is no power when I accelereate. Cleaned the carburators and replaced spark plugs. Don't Know where to go from here any help on what might be the problem.

More info needed...does pumping the fuel bulb help??? Is it a jerky miss or just a gradual power loss??? Is the cylinder head temperature the same on both cylinders ( just a rough comparison by placing your hand on the cylinder head immediately after the the motor is shut down)

More info needed...does pumping the fuel bulb help??? Is it a jerky miss or just a gradual power loss??? Is the cylinder head temperature the same on both cylinders ( just a rough comparison by placing your hand on the cylinder head immediately after the the motor is shut down)

It runs fine in idle or just into gear as soon as you go to give it gas it Boggs down and won't accelerate. No difference when you pump the bulb. When issue first started if I shut motor off for about 30 seconds it would run fine for awhile before it would do it again. Now I can't get it to accelerate at all no matter what I do.

Did it run properly this season? No recent repairs or changes? The Gas is fresh? Built in or portable gas tank? Condition of O rings at fuel connector? Have you changed the fuel filter or water separator?

Back