Logo

Power Tilt Leaking - M90a

whaler_warner

Contributing Member
The main power tilt ram is leaking (tricking from around the seal) its not major and lasted most of the season before needing filling up but obviously needs sorting over the winter, the dust seal has also perished which has probably led to dirt getting in and wearing the lower seals.

Ive checked the parts list and it doesnt seem to show the dust seal and just lots of o-rings as part of the main ram assembly? Is there a "kit" which comes with all the seals as I really don't know which ones I should be replacing and changes are its just the dust seal and next o-ring down?

Which PTT version do you have? New or old style... Is it the tilt ram or the trim ram? Depending on your serial number, a ram kit may be available.

Last edited:
Could be either version. Depends on Serial number. Either way there is a ram kit, possibly still available. If it's the early style, and the seal for the shaft is shot, you will be seeking a local hydraulics guy:
002-21031-2_FIG19.jpg
002-21031-2_FIG19A.jpg

Last edited:
So you have an early PTT system. Only thing you can do is get all the o-rings, etc., as the cylinder is NLA... but the internal rubber bits are. Or you can go to a local hydraulics shop. If you need part numbers and pricing, let me know. Beware that disassembly and reassembly may be difficult or impossible due to salt water corrosion.

Back