Logo

Reverse adjustmemt on AQ100

jaschrumpf

Contributing Member
According to the manual, I need to make this adjustment to the reverse latch and pin. Mine is quite a bit more than 0.020" I've loosened the clamp screw as the manual directed, but the pin still won't move. Is there another step I'm missing, or is it probably just stuck and needs a tap?

Attachments

• clutch_adjustment.jpg
    clutch_adjustment.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 42
I began working on the AQ series back in 1989. In my years of doing so, I saw very few 100 drives at that time..... and of the ones that I did see, they were in the salvage yard.
Also, most of us Volvo Penta old timers have long since retired, and I can tell you for certain that any of the younger Volvo Penta guys are not going to have any experience with the 100...... and most don't even know how to work on an AQ series drive!

I may have mentioned this to you in one of your other threads......but I'll say it again:
"it would be best to replace the 100 with at least a 250."

I know.... that is not what you want to hear!

As shift lever 1 etc moves while shifting, that "pin" rotates because clamp 2 holds it to lever 1. Loosen clamp 2 ( while in neutral) and rotate the pin relative to the shift lever to attain the necessary clearance at the pin.

Bought my first boat which had an AQ110 circa 1964. Did all my own maintenance work.

Last edited:
Back