Logo

search engine

ok so the search engine must one of those ridiculous ones that won't accept generic terms such as "oil pan"... too common right? WTF???

I would think that key words such as "oil pan" would be sufficient (common enough) for finding info re; oil pans.

But here's the deal...... many times the person who posts the info will use incorrect or misnomer key words.
Example: Often we will see the word "motor" used in lieu of the correct term "engine", or "fresh water cooling" in lieu of the correct term "Closed Cooling System".... both of which are my pet peeves!

So... when I do a search, I will often enter misnomer key words that will help lead me to what I'm actually searching for.

Just what is it that you are searching for????

I would think that key words such as "oil pan" would be sufficient (common enough) for finding info re; oil pans.

But here's the deal...... many times the person who posts the info will use incorrect or misnomer key words.
Example: Often we will see the word "motor" used in lieu of the correct term "engine", or "fresh water cooling" in lieu of the correct term "Closed Cooling System".... both of which are my pet peeves!

So... when I do a search, I will often enter misnomer key words that will help lead me to what I'm actually searching for.

Just what is it that you are searching for????

Thank you Rick,

I was going to do a search on oil pans before I posted a question about changing mine to an aluminum one. I want to get rid of the cheap steel one and get something that wont rust out every 3-4 years.

Back