Logo

DF70A 2006 fuel overflow from starboard hose when idling

Ncflfishing

Been dealing with fuel issues, replaced several lines and filters and low pressure pump. Now one of the fuel lines out of the vst is dumping an ounce or so or fuel about every minute while idling. Is the pressure regular in the vst shot? I've taken the vst apart and cleaned with carb and choke cleaner and pb blaster, still seems to be over filling. Also line coming out of silencer over the intake sure does suck a lot of air, kills it immediately if plugged.. not sure if that's normal. Thank you in advance for any thoughts!

Your float level is either incorrect or the needle and seat is not shutting off properly. What line from intake are you referring to?

Your float level is either incorrect or the needle and seat is not shutting off properly. What line from intake are you referring to?

Thank you for the reply! Fuel is dumping out of the line attached to the filter, part 32, on figure 16 (top picture) and air is sucking hard through part 16 in figure 11 (bottom)
fig016.jpgfig011.jpg

Last edited:
The filter is part of the vent system,your fuel bowl is over filling because of a faulty needle and seat. The heavy vacuum is the idle circuit, it is normal

That makes sense. Any thoughts or tips on how to clean the needle? I've had it apart twice now and I couldn't see any issues. Sprayed is carb and choke cleaner and then pb blaster. Soak in seafoam maybe? What is the seat?

I would be inclined to replace them. I am referring to the needle valve and seat which is operated by the float to control the fuel level in the vapour separator fuel bowl. If you give me your serial number I will give you the part numbers to order

Back