Logo

2013 DF175 Won't rev past 4000

Shamus66

Hi there.
Righto the issue im having is when reving up thru the range when I try to go above 4000rpm the engine coughs and splutters and the revs drop off then comes good again .It's fine under 4000 ,starts and idles no problem .I've tried running on both batteries then swapped from one to the other thinking maybe a voltage drop could be an issue as ive read somwhere before online ,but made no difference .Also felt the fuel line bulb which was hard therefore thinking it was getting fuel no problem .
Now this problem sometimes goes away and I can get full revs out of her then it comes back.
Put it in to have service done(270hrs) and mentioned the problem to the guy ,he told me the fuel filter had a little bit of water in it but the rest of the internal filters looked fine .I thought ok great so I take it for a run and it does exactly the same thing. While im out there I notice the sounder warns me that low volts and turns off so at the time I was running on the port battery so isolated that and ran on starb but again no better .
I spoke to the service guy and he was baffled and said the only way to figure it out was to hook up comp while out on the water .So Im trying to save a few dollars and get some advice incase it might be (hopefully) a easy fix .
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Back