Logo

fuel tank venting

newyota

Regular Contributor
Can a portable fuel tank(or any tank) be vented too much that it would cause poor fuel flow and cause a motor to bog out like it ran out of gas?I know having no venting and a pressure build up could cause poor or no fuel flow.I decided since my older tank had no vent on cap to make one.Just curious since my motor acted like this briefly and after pumping up primer bulb it was fine for remaining time on water.Primer bulb new, fuel pump new and engine has been running better than it ever has.thanks

Nope,...... Ya can't over-vent a tank,...... you can run yer motor out of an ole coffee can fulla gas, wide open top,.....

just don't spill the fuel,......

Nope,...... Ya can't over-vent a tank,...... you can run yer motor out of an ole coffee can fulla gas, wide open top,.....

just don't spill the fuel,......
Thanks..That is what I thought.Not sure why my engine acted like that?It has been running almost perfect since I recently worked some bugs out.

Primer bulb has a check valve to keep fuel from running back into the tank. It should be positioned with the arrow (the flow out side) pointing up for the check valve to work properly.

Primer bulb has a check valve to keep fuel from running back into the tank. It should be positioned with the arrow (the flow out side) pointing up for the check valve to work properly.
Thanks..primer bulb new and in proper orientation.May have found why I had the sudden bogging issue.Had carb off fixing a clog in idle circuit and the linkage for butterfly is supposed to be connected by a small plastic keeper that I must not have seated properly I guess and it was halfway popped out.So the Lync and sync was way off the timing mark..Think that is why it all the sudden.Must have popped out at an instance since motor was running perfectly.

Back