Logo

Johnson 70hp buzzer

Dies91

So i have a 79 starcraft i just installed a 91 johnson 70hp on it, the motor starts and runs smoothly but i get a constant buzz when the key is on and when the motor is running. I unplugged the temp switches and it still buzzes then when i unplug the two connectors coming from the remote oil tank (low oil sensor i assume) it finally stops. I used the 70's controls from the original evinrude i dont know if that is why its causing the warning buzzer to come on ? Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

With all sensors connected and the horn beeping with the key in the ON position (engine NOT running).... disconnect the TAN wire from the warning horn.

If removing that wire causes the beeping to stop, the problem is a faulty sensor.... and as you have found, it appears to be the one in the oil tank. However do this test anyhow to be sure.

If, on the other hand, removing that TAN wire from the horn results in the beeping to continue... the internal circuit of the horn has failed and the horn will require replacing.

I removed the tan wire and it shut the horn off , so it must be a faulty sensor then? Also i should note that that if the overheat sensor is plugged in with the low oil sensor unplugged it will still buzz, i did trace some wires back and there are 2 tan wires that go from the overheat sensor and it is tied into the tan wire going to the oil sensor so maybe it could be a short causing both of the sensors to constantly buzz?

Back