Logo

01 Honda 130 Hesitation

Sylvan04

my motor starts and runs fine no codes or alarms, but around 2 to 4000rpm if im cruising it will intermittently cut out just for a second. When I go full throttle it hesitates bad, It may get there around 5500rpm still with the 1 second misses. It runs like it’s getting water in the system or it’s not getting the fuel that it needs to burn I’ve changed the high-pressure and low-pressure fuel filters and cleaned the vap tank which was’nt dirty, and been through a tank and a half of gas. Sometimes it will run fine sometimes it’ll come out of the hesitation sometimes it’ll start running fine right off the bat and then go into the hesitation.

Have you checked your spark plugs? Look signs of water on them and for matching colors, a faulty plug will be darker than the rest. A plug with rust or water on it will indicated water ingress which will need to be investigated further.

Have you checked your spark plugs? Look signs of water on them and for matching colors, a faulty plug will be darker than the rest. A plug with rust or water on it will indicated water ingress which will need to be investigated further.
Yes, all four plugs looked good

Even though all the plugs are even and looked good, I replaced them and It got rid of the hesitation, so I guess they were a little faulty. This is the first motor where I was sure it was a carburetor problem and it turned out to be the spark plug. THANK-U!

I was told to put a brand new set of NGK plugs in my BF130 at the start of each and every season, and I've avoided any plug-related issues. I also change all the filters, engine oil and lower-unit fluid too, plus do the waterpump/impeller service every two years. We often go 15 miles out off the coast to look for whales, and I don't ever want to get stuck out there.

So far, so good...

Old No7

They are more reliable than motors that work on the closed/open loop system the 130hp is a open loop design it does not use the Ho2 sensor .

Back