Logo

Honda BF75S 300421 starts Ok runs sluggish at lower RPMs.

putatta

Would like to know if anybody has any specs for Neutral safety switch on my BF75S 300421. My engine is backfiring when I try to start it the ignition timing is too far advanced, approx 30 degrees BTDC. When I disconnect the switch it goes to where it should be, but cannot bring the rpm to idle it will shut off. Otherwise with the switch disconnected it revs up and runs very well from let's say 1500 rpm and up.

Neutral switch should be closed circuit in neutral and open circuit in forward and reverse. I am assuming your motor has CDI ignition, if so check the timing marks for camshaft and pulsar coil are in correct position. Do you have a workshop manual, if not PM me and I will copy and send relevant pages?

Neutral switch should be closed circuit in neutral and open circuit in forward and reverse. I am assuming your motor has CDI ignition, if so check the timing marks for camshaft and pulsar coil are in correct position. Do you have a workshop manual, if not PM me and I will copy and send relevant pages?

This does have a cdi ignition system. I do not have a workshop manual and yes I would appreciate a copy of the timing marks. However I did not remove the coils and did not temper with adjustments. Yes I did remove the timing belt and put it back on the marks. But it's been 4 years.
Also would like to point out that this NSS does not have Amy points in it, it looKS like a disability brake caliper. The coils are on the side instead of what would be the pads, part of the shifter, which is what these coils sense. Again the ****ter has a plate, that is between the caliper and again this would be the brake disc in a disc brake combination, when it is in forward or reverse, there is a plate/disc, when it's in neutral there is nothing on between. It must either generate done voltage when going from forward to neutral, or from neutral to reverse. Again the switch is nor open circuit. It shows 278 ohms. This resistance never change's when going from forward to neutral and from neutral to reverse. I'm thinking since nothing happens it's bad. Cannot determine without test specs. Thanks.

This does have a cdi ignition system. I do not have a workshop manual and yes I would appreciate a copy of the timing marks. However I did not remove the coils and did not temper with adjustments. Yes I did remove the timing belt and put it back on the marks. But it's been 4 years.
Also would like to point out that this NSS does not have Amy points in it, it looKS like a disability brake caliper. The coils are on the side instead of what would be the pads, part of the shifter, which is what these coils sense. Again the ****ter has a plate, that is between the caliper and again this would be the brake disc in a disc brake combination, when it is in forward or reverse, there is a plate/disc, when it's in neutral there is nothing on between. It must either generate done voltage when going from forward to neutral, or from neutral to reverse. Again the switch is nor open circuit. It shows 278 ohms. This resistance never change's when going from forward to neutral and from neutral to reverse. I'm thinking since nothing happens it's bad. Cannot determine without test specs. Thanks.

Also would like to point out that this NSS does not have any points in it, it looks like a disc brake caliper. The coils are on the side instead of what would be the pads, part of the shifter, which is what these coils sense, is a plate, that is between the caliper and again this would be the brake disc in a disc brake combination, when it is in forward or reverse, there is a plate/disc, when it's in neutral there is nothing in between. It must either generate some voltage when going from forward to neutral, or from neutral to reverse. Again the switch is not open circuit. It shows 278 ohms. This resistance never changes when going from forward to neutral and from neutral to reverse. I'm thinking since nothing happens it's bad. Cannot determine without test specs. Thanks.

None of what you are saying matches the engine I am looking at.Confirm this is a 7.5 hp, do you know what year it is?

I do not know the year. I sent a picture of the engine cover. All is original. I bought it use in 1983. So it has late 70s to early 80s. And the engine number is bf75s. Yes it's a small 2 cylinder 125cc engine 7.5 hp.

Back