Logo

no power

ibz1

hello, looking for a little help. I have an 83 Evinrude 60 horse vro. It was running pretty good except for some occasional flooding. I decided to rebuild the carbs. I'm no stranger to carburetors and especially these.. They are extremely simple. I dropped the bottom end and replaced the impeller at the same time. However after the rebuild a problem started. The motor starts fine and idles fine and revs just fine in neutral. I can get it to about 10 miles per hour.. but when I apply throttle I get nothing. Feels like I'm dragging my anchor on the bottom. It just will not power up under load.. Never had this problem before the rebuild. Naturally I disassembled the carbs again and checked everything. I can't imagine what I could have changed by a simple carburetor rebuild and impeller replacement. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated .

I do not think an 83 had VRO !------All carburetor linkages in place ??---Check compression.----Check spark.----Check fuel pump diaphragm.----Motor is not running on all cylinders.----

Did you find anything when you first dismantled the carbs? Any signs of water? Did you sync them up?

Back