Logo

1998 E25TKLEC 25 HP 3 Cylinder Getting on plane issues

HOLYSTEEL

So the boat is a 16 foot Starcraft sea farer rated for 40HP. LIttle use and it had been stored in the tilted position so I paid 380 dollars to have the carbs cleaned out as they had filled with 2 stroke oil from the past owner storing it tilted. I know I need to get rid of the oil injection as they had issues but this boat is only doing 9.6 mph GPS. IT seems as if the motor is not running at the designed RPM's of 5200-5800 WOT and I will confirm this weekend as my tach just came in. The prop for the engine is 10.5 x 12 P 4 blade per spec and the 3blade 14 spline from my 1991 runs slower and a 16P was horrible in 4 blade. I am thinking possible solutions would be to see if high speed jet is clogged but don't know if it is behind the screw that empties the plastic bowl which can be seen facing the cowling and the lowest carb is quite hard to get at but I did originally as I found out all the bowls were filled with oil. I am thinking the HS jet might be clogged as they never took it out or maybe fuel filter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mark in St Joe MI. IF someone can tell me the info to take off the oil injection that would be helpful as well🇺🇸

Simply get rid of the injector unit.-----Nothing to it to do that.-----Then do a compression test.---Then see if there is good spark on all 3 leads.----Sounds like it is running on 2 of 3 cylinders.----They did what for $380 ???

Back