Logo

73 chris craft 427 engine commisioning after 10 years

stang32

Regular Contributor
so, this is a 73 38' boat with twin 427 engines,. i got ythe engines to spin finally and actually got them to run with minimal prepping now oi need to find an impeller kit and dual point contact set, i did not find a listing for dual points on this site and another site does not list this year for them. as for the impeller, i have not taken it apart yet so i do not know which kit i need

Have done anything been done to the fuel system,such as maintenance ,fuel tanks flushed and entire system gone through

fuel tanks have about 4 inches of fueol in each, all rancid. i disconneted the fuel lies and hooked up a ecternal tank. the carb on 1 is dumping fuel, it is at the carb shop now. the other runs very nicely. both fuel pumps work. so , yeah,i have gone through the fuel system. can you give me any info on the water pump impellers?

You can usually ID the pump by inspecting it for a brand name....and model number. If that fails, the impellor dimensions (dia and height), number of blades, keyway ID and type are usually adequate to find what you need in a sherwood or jabsco catalog page.

Back