Logo

Trim problems on 1999 Evinrude 40 hp - Model E40PL4EE

Barrman

My motor will trim up but not down, from both the throttle switch and the switch on the motor. I can hear the relay click on both raising and lowering, but as I said it will go up, but nothing happens when I try to lower it. The only way to lower it is to turn the screw on the Trim/Tilt Manual Release. Any ideas?
Thanks,

My motor will trim up but not down, from both the throttle switch and the switch on the motor. I can hear the relay click on both raising and lowering, but as I said it will go up, but nothing happens when I try to lower it. The only way to lower it is to turn the screw on the Trim/Tilt Manual Release. Any ideas?
Thanks,

I cannot for the life of me find the manual release on my 40hp 99 evinrude. Can you tell me where you foeind it specifically?

That would be a Suzuki.-----Remove cover for electrical panel.----Trim relays have a blue and green wire.-----Nothing is cheap on those motors.-----What testing has been done if any ?

That would be a Suzuki.-----Remove cover for electrical panel.----Trim relays have a blue and green wire.-----Nothing is cheap on those motors.-----What testing has been done if any ?

Oh, the reklays are attached directly to the elctrical panel? I thought they were square black boxes w/ 4 prong flats somewhere on top of engine. I'm way off, haha.

My trim/tilt has been wonky. Sometimes worked sometimes didnt. Now, it only works going down, not up. Makes the clicking sounds on both but motor doesnt engage going up. Just trying to troubleshoot.

Will there be two relays?

So, here is my electrical situation. I see a blue and green wire but they dont seem to go to as relay switch. Just to some screws/bolts? What do?

Back